CHEVY AC/HEAT BLOWER FAN NOT WORKING.

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2004 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

About a year ago my AC/Heat blower fan quit working but it would always work after I hit the dash with my hand on the passenger side. But recently this has not worked at all. I am assuming it is a loose electrical connection somewhere but I have no idea where to start or what to do.
Ross_50

Do you have auto climate control or manual a/c?Also what model monte carlo do you have the LS or the SS?

It is an SS model. It does not have automatic climate control just manual knobs for fan speed and vent control and two sliders for temperature.

Ross_50
I emailed you the blower motor inop trouble tree so you can trace down the problem. Please let all the other user's know what you found so it might help them fix there car.

I have the exact same car same year also, and am having the same problem could you email me the blower motor inop trouble tree?

SarahJames
I am having the same pro lem with the family blower not working could I get a copy of the troubleshooting guide

Andrewdark
Ross_50 or saturntech9,
Have similar problem (smell electrical component burnt) today w/2004 SS Supercharge. Probably fan motor burn, is the removal of the fan motor easy from under the dash?

bensonrick@gmail. Com

Bensonrick
Yes its really easy maybe have to remove a plastic panel and a few screws.

Thought so, perhaps the burnt smell is the resistor will check voltage and see if it's open. This seems to be a normal failure from my reading. Thanks again

Bensonrick

Bensonrick
Your welcome I would say the resistor more so of a failure then motor.

Page 1 of 2