'97 328IS STALLING PROBLEM?

1997 Chevrolet Impala

My '97 328 has been stalling when I come to a stop. Not all the time. Sometimes it will dip well below idle and stumble like its going to stall, and then recover back to normal idle speed. In an effort to fix this problem, I have replaced the following parts, but to NO avail.

Idle Control Valve (ICV)
Mass Air Flow Meter (MAF)
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Intake Boot
Spark Plugs
TCC Lock-up Solenoid (In transmission)
All Vacuum Lines and Hoses

I am starting to lean more towards this being a automatic transmission problem, more so than a intake or engine problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated from [u: c573e2ff45]anyone[/u: c573e2ff45] at this point. I don't know where to go from here.

Also, I have never gotten a " Check Engine" light at any time, nor has scanning the OBC renderred any fault codes of any kind.

PLEASE HELP!

-BMW FREQ :
Bmwfreq

Have you tried a coolant sensor?

2CarPros Ken
Yes. I did a cooling fan mod a few months ago, in which I replaced the cooling temp sensor with a cooler one, as well as a cooler thermostat and removal of the belt driven fan. I thought maybe the engine was not getting up to the correct cooling temp, so I put the old temp sensor back in, but it didn't make any difference in the stalling problem I am having.

Could the thermostat possibly be the culpret in conjunction with the temp sensor?

I have already tried putting a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator to get it to run a little hotter, and that made no difference either.

Bmwfreq
The coolant sensor for the computer is the one you should try.

Bob

2CarPro Bob
So, what you are saying is that there are [i: 23e7c414b3]two[/i: 23e7c414b3] coolant sensors on my bimmer? One for the fan, and one for the CPU?

Where is the one for the CPU located?

I have already replaced the one just below where the radiator cap is located next to the overflow bottle.

Thanks in advance-

BMW FREQ

Bmwfreq