WHY IS MY CAR OVERHEATING, SHAKING AND CUTTING OFF

2000 Chevrolet Impala • 14,900 miles

My 2000 Chevy impala started overheating and smoking from under the hood, It's also leaking coolant, it cuts off as well, when it cooled down I Tryed to crank it up but it would start unless I had my foot on the gas, when I pressed the brakes to change gears it would cut off again. Finally I got it to stay crunk but it's shaking and making some type of noise please tell me the problems
Esha23

THINGS DON'T SOUND WONDERFUL THERE

HOW LONG AND FAR WAS IT DRIVEN WHILE IT WAS OVERHEATING/ WITH LACK OF COOLANT?

NOT TRYING TO BE A PAIN---BUT USUALLY THE ANSWER I GET IS MODIFIED, WE CAN'T DIAGNOSE WELL, UNLESS WE KNOW THE REAL DEAL

The car was driven for about 30 mins before it hit the red line on The temperature gage I pulled over. It all started today my car has never done this before

Esha23
WHERE WAS IT LEAKING COOLANT FROM?

A PIC OF YOU POINTING MIGHT HELP

DID YOU REFILL THE RADIATOR?

HOW MUCH DID YOU HAVE TO PUT IN?

WAS/IS THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?

Yes the check engine light is on, I'm not exactly sure where the coolant leak is coming from, Yes I refilled the radiator, low coolant temp light came back on as well as hot coolant temp light

Esha23
WELL...........

HOW MUCH DID IT TAKE TO REFILL IT?

CHECK ENGINE MIGHT BE THE 1ST STEP....IF YOU CAN'T GET IT THERE, THE SCANNER MUST COME TO YOU---RENT/BORROW/BUY?.......HERE'S SORTA A GUIDELINE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2008-mazda-6-recently-check-engine-light-came-on-acts-doesn-t-want-start-put-gas

KEEP US POSTED