CHEVY CAR LURCHES AND DIES AT STOP SIGNS?P0102

2003 Chevrolet Impala

2003 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My car started lurching forward at slow speeds around 20 mph, and it continued to do so. At a stop sign, it just completely died and the check engine light was on. I let it sit for a few days, and when we took it out again it was fine until we hit 50 mph and it sort of lurched forward again, and driving through town it died yet again at a stop light so I had to restart it, and it keeps like lurching forward when I drive. It is also idling roughly.

I went and had someone run the diagnostics test on it and it is P0102, being the vacuum hose, throttle body intake, barometer/manifold absolute bbpressure, or the mass air flow sensor.

Judging from what I've told you, is there any way to narrow it down to one of these things or do I need to bring it in? Are there any tests I can try myself to figure it out? Me being a 19 year old girl with really no idea about cars except how to change my oil and general things. Also, whatever it might be out of those things, is the repair expensive?

Any help with this would be great!
Jackieairborne

Hi there jackieairborne and TY for the donation this is what keeps the site going.

Rough idle and stalling could be the idle air control valve and EGR and PCV valves

A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad
The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF).
The MAF sensor may be faulty
The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)
Possible SolutionsThe simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures: Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires.
Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor.
Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor.
Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information)
Replace the MAF sensor.

The same thing in happening to my cars performance. Stalling while trying to idle. And I try to hit the gas on the highway and trys to stall or "lurch".I have replaced the maf, map, new plugs and wires, new air filter, new fuel filter and new pvs. I am still getting the same p0102 code with a p0300 multiple engine missfire. Any clue?

Chavlax608
Check and test the MAF sensor wiring back to the computer and P0300 could also be a vacuum leak and contaminated fuel-