CHEVY HEATER NOT WORKING

1998 Chevrolet Astro

Heater problem
1998 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 101110 miles

my mom has a 1998 chevy astro van. The van has frount and rear heat and air conditioning. The back blower works but no hot air comes out. Also the frount blower does not come on at all, no air comes out of any frount vent. Nothing seams to work or come on when you switch the contro nobs to different settings. Please tell me what is goin on, so I can fix my mothers heater in her van.
Kenneth e. farmer

Hi: If I remember correctly, the rear heat only works in conjunction with the front. If the fan isn't working in the front, check for power to the switch.

Let me know what you find.

Hi, I had the same problem with my van, no heat, I was on a trip down in virginia and the water pump went out, so I got it fixed, and the mechanic told me that the antifreeze that gm puts in their auto's the yellow stuff, eats seals. The mechanic replaced the water pump and put the green antifreeze in and i've had heat ever since

Krofts