CAR WON'T START

2005 Acura RL

2005 Acura RL 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 36000 miles

Car won't start but turns over. Had it jumpstarted. Drove to dealership and they said there is no electrical problem. ( I had battery replaced 3 months ago, also battery in remote replaced 4 months ago).
Drove it next day and no problem.

2 days later, I drove to business. Came out 30 minutes later and car wouldn't start. Had it jumpstarted. Drove it to dealership. They spent 3 hours checking it, tracing the electrical to see if maybe there was a loose wire. They can find nothing wrong.

Dealership says there are no recalls on the car. What is the problem? This car has never had any issues so I am confused. Would really appreciate your help.
Judsyk

Hi judsyk,

Does jump start work everytime?

One of the most likely cause would be a bad battery. If your batttery is the maintenance free type, it is known to intermittently fail and cause non starting.

It was a new battery installed by the dealership about 3 or 4 months ago. The delaership has checked all electrical including the battery and says electrical is OK. The non-start problem started just one week ago.
Jump starting works every time very quickly but the non-start problem re-occurs after a day or 2.

A friend of mine with an Acura TL has a similar problem. He clicks the remote on and off several times and the car starts after that. I will have to try that when I get my car back from the dealership. But there must be a problem that can be fixed.

Judsyk
New batteries can also be defective and the best way to check the problem is to get a volt meter on standby and when you are not able to start, test the battery voltage.

When trying to start, does the starter seem to click but does not have sufficient power to crank?

If it is only quiet without any noise, then it could be a faulty ignitoon switch or starter realy.

You're right - just not enough power to start. I had the dealership replace the battery even though it was new.
Thanks. Hope this works.

Judsyk
Good luck : )

Have a nice day

For your responses and insight. It' s still starting : )

Judsyk
Lets hope that the problem is solved. : )