HELLO, I HAVE A TYPE R WITH AN ELECTRICAL FAULT.

2007 Honda Civic • 27,000 miles

My dashboard display has just went out with the rev counter sticking at 4000rpm, my speedometer has also stuck at 0mph and a few dashboard lights have appeared, any suggestians to what this can be?
Hanniganffc

Most likely a fault with the meter cluster.

Thanks for the reply, what would be the cuase of this? And how would I go about resloving it?

Hanniganffc
The meter cluster is known to fail quite commonly for this model and you need to replace it to recolve.

Ok, any idea on the costs involved, using a honda dealership?

Hanniganffc
Sorry I do not know about prices as they vary region to region. There is a possibility you can get the meter cluster from the junkyard. You would have to recalibrate the odometer to the correct reading unless you transfer the odometer from you original unit.

Before you start replacing the component, maybe you can try testing the meter cluster.

ENTERING THE SELF DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTION (MANUAL METHOD)

Before doing the self-diagnostic function, check the No. 10 (7.5 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box and the No. 23 (10 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box.

1. Push and hold the SEL/RESET switch button.

2. Turn the headlights ON.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. Within 5 sec, turn the headlights OFF, then ON and OFF again.

5. Within 5 sec, release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

NOTE: While in the self-diagnostic mode, the dash lights brightness controller operates normally.

While in the self-diagnostic mode, the SEL/RESET button is used to start the Beeper Drive Circuit Test and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check.

If the vehicle speed exceeds 1.2 mph (2 km/h) or the ignition switch is turned OFF, the self-diagnostic mode ends.

THE GAUGE DRIVE CIRCUIT CHECK

When entering the self-diagnostic mode, the tachometer, needle sweeps from the minimum position to maximum position, then returns to the minimum position.

The check cannot be started again until the gauge needle returns to the minimum position.

The needle sweeps from the minimum position to the maximum position, then return to the minimum position.

If the needle fails to sweep, or the beeper does not sound, replace the gauge control module (tach).

NOTE: After the beeper stops sounding and the gauge needle returns to the minimum position, pushing the SEL/RESET switch starts the Beeper Drive Circuit Check (one beep) and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check again.