AC NOT COOLING

2005 Pontiac Vibe • 64,000 miles

Recently, the AC in my 2005 Pontiac Vibe failed to blow out cool air. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I did the following: 1: Verified that the AC compressor clutch was engaging when AC button depressed - OK 2: Checked 10 amp fuse (interior fuse box) - OK. 3: Checked system pressure using R134a recharge kit. - OK. I did not add any refrigerant because the gauge indicated that the system was ok in terms of pressure. 4: Replaced the cabin air filter, removed the blower motor and cleaned it out. Ensured that the hose from the blower motor to the unit was connected properly as well. Also, when the AC system is on, there is a hissing noise coming from inside the console. Probably didn't notice before. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help in advance!
Pjs101975

We need the exact pressure high and low while running. The little gauge you used is not an indication of freon level.

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not have a gauge that can hook into the high pressure end of the system. Would it hurt to add a small amount of R134a to see if the problem is resolved?

Pjs101975
You can try but too much will not cool and too little will not cool as well.

Thanks Roy. I think the best course of action at this point is to take it to a pro.

Pjs101975
Good luck