BLEND DOOR

2004 Pontiac Vibe • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 80,000 miles

Hello, I have a clicking noise in my 2004 pontiac vibe gt. The noise happens when the recirculation button is not pressed on the climate controls. When the recirculation button is on/pressed, the noise stops. I took glove box off and found that the noise is coming from blend door motor. When the button isnt on(unpressed) the blend door is all the way foward towards passenger. It looks loke the motor is trying to keep pushing foward even though the door is all the foward, resulting in clicking. Is there a switch thats supposed to shut off motor when door is foward, if so where and what do I need to do to fix problem. Thank you.
Coreyjp

Pic one is when there is no noise pic 3 is all the way foward with clicking.

Coreyjp
I'm not aware of a limit switch, but look around on the mechanism for a switch and verify it is changing state when you switch between Fresh and Recirc.

Rivermikerat
I looked all around it already, n e one have a more definite answer?

Coreyjp
Here's an image of a recirculation actuator control unit. It looks to me like a limit switch is integrated with the device.

Rivermikerat
And is that switch replaceable seperatly or one piece with motor

Coreyjp
It looks like it should be replaceable. Without a way to look up parts, though, I can't be certain. Check with a parts store with knowledgeable people behind the counter, like a NAPA store.

Rivermikerat
I have the same problem. What did you find out?

Diannebrownparis
Any word on this coreyjp?

Rivermikerat