FORD IKON ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Ford Ikon • 75,000 miles

HI,
My ford ikon 1.6 nxt not starting. Engine cranks up but not start. Checkd plugs and all Fuses every thing works fine. Later a mechanic inspected and said that the fuel pump not running and tried to direct the fuel pump motor and it workd fine. Now the fuel pump also works only when the fuse is toggeld and direct line is given but car does not start. The ignition key not engaging the fuel pump by itself and subsiquently current not supplied to ignition coil. And engin doesnot start. Fuel pump and ignition coil should work together when key is inserted which doesnot hapen. Plz help is it the problem with ECU or some electrical line?
Redhat4u2

It sounds like the fuse holder is bad and needs to be replaced. You may have to go to a salvage yard and replace the entire fuse box. Test the fuse connector and its wire for continutity while jigling it. You might find a way to repair the fuse box you have by re-saudering it.

Dear sir,

I did a through check with the help of electrical engenier I advised him abt the reply u gave me and he did a complete check on fuse box and holder by using altameter and also using a spare wire connected to a bulb and evey fuse works fine cause the blulb glows on touching every fuse holder. Now he saw some thing strange and told me. Which even I would like to share with you. One of The relay switch behind the fuse box is not engaging when key is inserted in ignition this relay is ment for fuel pum and engine managment this has four pins 2 big pin and 2 small pins 1st big pin current supply not happening 2nd big pin supply is good and in one of the small pin whose connection is with fuel motor and ACM box is also not working. Mechanic told me it might be issue with some sensor of the car which is not supplying current to ignition coil and even the sparkplug wire is not supplying sparks when engine is cranked by key to start. Iam so confused atlest if I determine which part is a faliure I shall purchase that. But no one here is able to identify the part itself. Waiting for ur reply : (

Redhat4u2
When you turn the ignition on, is there a red light flashing next to the clock?

Ctasquier
Dear sir,

There is no clock in this car's dash board and yes the lights which glows red are hand break, batery and fuel which turns red when the ingnition switch is on and later goes off when engine use to start. Would also want to let you know that during these days we did managed to start the engine cause the sensor attached to speedometer was short circuted and the wires were burnt. We were also connecting the earthing line to battery on +ve terminal which was not allowing the current to pass but now since we removed the speedometer sensor cable and connected the wire to -ve terminal the car started. And yes we also exchanged ECM box from a running car which engaged the relay and helpd to start the engine. But the problem is that the engine starts up with a weierd sound. Llike as if its a Desil engine and is throwing lot of black smoke and doesnt stay on if accelator is not pressed half. Could it be again the problem with ACM box not supplying enough current to fuel motor or is the Fuel motor also gone bad. Waiting for your Reply Kindly help: (

Redhat4u2
Is it rocam engine?
What kind of ECU does it have. Bosch motronic or other?

Ctasquier
Yes sir it is Rocam engine ford ikon nxt ZXI 1.6. The ECU Manufacterer is MYCO has 60pin part number is XS6F-12A650-JC

Redhat4u2
It is an ECU problem, unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge on that ECU to give you the pin out diagram for you to test.
The next option is to send the ECU to a electronic repairman or have the whole sent to the ford dealer to have a diagnostic scan done.

Ctasquier
I would check all the ECU connectors for corrosion as well as connectors. Is there any chance this car came from an auction or second hand dealer because it has the sorts of problems that a flooded car would have. Several mysterious electrical shorts and issues.
I am going to give you a diagnostic on causes for black smoke coming out of the exhaust. Just use the link at the end.
Also have the fuel pressure checked to see what it is. Advance Auto or Auto Zone ;loans out the test tool to do this.
The link for black smoke out of exhaust is;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-black-smoke

Let me know how things go and we can move from here.