NO HEAT

2003 Ford Explorer • 87,000 miles

Hi,

I am not getting heat in my 2003 ford explorer. First I replaced the blend door actuator motor and blend door in plenum box with heater treater parts and solved that problem. My blend door actuator had broken. The blower works and the two hoses going to the heater core are hot. I replaced the thermostat and the heater control valve. I also back flushed the heater core. When I back flushed the heater core it flowed fine it did not seem to be restricted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nick
Nik0las3

Does the actuator work now? It is the most common issue with fords

Yes the actuator and blend door are working.

Nik0las3
Hoses are hot, blend door working, thermostat good, ok, I know you flushed the core but it sounds like there is not enough flow to give you heat. Take it to a radiator shop and have them flush it with an acid flush to see if they can unclog it.

Thanks alot I will look into that. I would not have thought of that. I appreciate you responding to my problem.

Nik0las3
Good luck