WON'T START ALL THE WAY

2002 Honda Accord • 205,000 miles

When u start the car you have to keeo your foot on the gas to keep it running. If you let off the the gas the car will die. If you start it and dont touch the gas then the car will start and spudder an then die. If you drive with both feet and keep gas push it will stay running. I'm really strapped for cash right now and its my families only car so I really appreciate any help. It's a 2002 Honda Accord SE 2door, 4cyl and it has over 200000 miles on it and it seems that alot of things are getting rough when it got close to 200000. It done this about 6 months ago and stopped by the time I got to the auto parts store so I thought maybe bad gas because nothing showed up on the computer about it. Thanks again for any help and I will certainly be happy to make a donation once I am settled better and know how much this or even what this is. Thank You, Scottie Strange
Scottie

Based on your description, it sounds like one or two things are giving you trouble. The first thing to look for would be a vacuum leak. If none are found, then I would recommend replacing the idle air control valve. It is located on the throttle body and is held in by a couple screws.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.