GMC SIERRA CLUTCH PROBLEM

1999 GMC Sierra • 220,000 miles

Getting hot air regardless if A/C is on or just fan or outside air or inside air. Temperature control and be on cold and the air is hot, if on hot then air is hotter. Not sure if a control issue, air actuater issue, thermostat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Compressor is working and freon seems good.
Cindydenmark

Is the AC clutch engaging? If not you will need to check the Freon level is maybe why the clutch isnt engaging.

Cadieman
IS THE LOW SIDE OR SUCTION LINE FROM THE COMPRESSOR TO THE FIREWALL GETTING COLD?

Not sure about AC clutch, how do I check that? The line is getting cold as normal.

Cindydenmark
CLUTCH WILL OPERATE THE COMPRESSOR SIMILAR TO THIS

WHEN THE CENTER STOPS TURNING---THE COMPRESSOR IS NOT TURNING---IT IS NORMAL FOR IT TO CYCLE OFF AND ON---JUST NOT ALL OF THE TIMECORRECT PRESSURES IN THE SYSTEM DETERMINE WHAT IT DOES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8pXmlFq_w

THE LINE IS GETTING REAL COLD?

The compressor appears to be working properly and yes the line is getting very cold.

Cindydenmark
I will check the clutch operation and compressor again tomorrow just to be sure.

Cindydenmark
ROJ

I WILL START LOOKING FOR WHY YOU DON'T FEEL IT INSIDE

I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD HYPOTHESIS

Ok, thanks so much.

Cindydenmark
DO YOU HAVE A MANUAL OR AUTOMATIC SYSTEM?

The temperature is controlled by the use of an air mix door that is operated by an electric motor/actuator. This door can be jammed or the actuator can be inoperative or have stripped plastic gears internally.

Wrenchtech