TRANSMISSION

1997 Toyota Camry • 2.4L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 217,000 miles

My 1997 Toyota camry has been leaking trans fluid the mechanic said it was just the pan gasket but now it won't go into reverse and the trans is full. What can I do to make it run to trade it in for a new one
Cboulter14

WAS IT FULL WHEN IT WAS NOT GOING INTO REVERSE?

. HOW MUCH JUICE DID YOU INSTALL TO GET IT TO "FULL", WHEN IT WOULD NOT REVERSE?

THE JEEP DEALER WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH A NICE WRANGLER, RUNNING OR NOT. OR YOU COULD FIND A NICE DEPENDABLE, OLDER, "BUDDY FOR LIFE", AND RUNS FOREVER JEEP LIKE ONE OF MY TWO! NOW 67 AND 36 YEARS YOUNG

Yes it was full when I tried to go into reverse but even in neutral it go forward now

Cboulter14
I WAS SORTA WANTING TO KNOW IF YOU HAD RUN THINGS DRY AND CAUSED PERMANENT DAMAGE

. YOU AND YOUR PAL--ONE IN. ONE OUT. ACTUATE THE SHIFTER INSIDE THE CAR

. SEE IF THE OTHER END AT THE TRANNY IS BROKE/ LOOSE/ COME OUT OF A HOLDER

. THIS MIGHT SORTA BE LIKE THE OLE "PUSH LAWN MOWER" WHEREAS THE THROTTLE CABLE SHROUD IS NO LONGER ANCHORED AND ACTUATING THE HANDLE DOES NOTHING MORE THAN MAKE THE INNER CABLE AND OUTER FLOP AROUND. BETWEEN THE PUSH HANDLE AND THE ENGINE

THE "JEEP OPTION" IS STILL A BETTER DEAL!

KEEP US POSTED

If the vehicle is going forward in neutral, I would recommend checking the shifter linkage. Make sure it is properly attached. Also, has the check engine light come on?

No it was never empty I checked it every day

Cboulter14
Have you checked the linkage? Has the check engine light come on?