TOYOTA CAMRY TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1994 Toyota Camry • 119,000 miles

I recently had a used engine and transmission put in my car, when I got it back transmission fluid was leaking out not alot but a saucer size puddle. I drove the car about 100 miles in a 3 day period and on the 3rd day I went a short distance and when I stopped the water from my radiator was leaking so I topped it off and was driving home when I got off the frreway my car all of a sudden my tires were smoking from skidding because my car just stopped I guess it seized but then drove far enough to pull to the side of the road. When we checked the radiator it was so hot that the fluid I put in sprayed everywhere. So my question is, if it was the transmission why did'nt my temperature gauge read hot and is my car (transmission) ruined? Also the guy that checked it out said there were metal shavings from the gear box. What do I do now?
Penny Brunson

It sounds like your used unit has failed. Did you get any warranty on the parts?

30 day warranty, the guy the put it in said it was my fault for letting the fluid get low but gear oil and transmission fluid are not the same he told me the gear box was dry.

Penny Brunson
Gear box is the trans. Is that the only failure?

Is the engine ok, you said it overheated.

This is the chance you take with junkyard parts.

Ya I believe the engine is ok but is it possible to change the gear box?

Penny Brunson
Thankyou for your help I wouldn't even consider fixing this if everything on the car wasn't brand new I have replaced everything with the exception of the stereo. Its just really frustrating.

Penny Brunson
I know. See what they can do. Press the issue.