JERKING WHEN ACCELERATING

1997 Honda Accord • 200,000 miles

Today when I was driving, all of a sudden my car starts to jerk, hard! Then the check engine light came on. When I would give it gas it would jerk and sputter, but when it was accelerated it kinda did not jerk, but if I would let off the gas, because of stop and go, and then, give it more gas, it would start to jerk. I was able to turn around and make it home, but I was extremely nervous, to help explain the feeling of the car. Before today, when I would take my foot off the gas, it would seem like the whole car shut off and I was just coasting. It never did cut off, so I figured it was just me. It did not do that all the time. Also, sometimes, not all, when I would stop driving and put it in park, the idol would go up and down. Please help me.
Javavon

HAVE YOU KEPT UP WITH YOUR PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND "FULL TUNE-UPS"?

. STUFF LIKE SPARK PLUGS AND FUEL FILTERS (THAT SHOULD BE DONE BY THE "MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES") WILL "BITE YOU" SOMETIMES AND LEAVE YOU STRANDED. CATCHING UP ON THAT SOON IS NOT A BAD IDEA!

HOWEVER, YOU MAY 'BABY' YOURS LIKE I DO MY JEEP CJs. STUFF JUST HAPPENS SOMETIMES!

THE VERY 1ST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS FIND OUT WHAT CODES ARE SHOWING UP. CONFIRMED, BY YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BEING ON!

GET CODED. NOW. WHILE IT WILL DRIVE!

MOST POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE WILL/ CAN DO THIS FOR YOU IN JUST A FEW MINUTES. THIS IS NORMALLY A FREE SERVICE!
.
.

. WRITE DOWN THE EXACT NUMBERS. THE "EXPLANATION" IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THE NUMBERS THEMSELVES.
.
.

ONCE YOU GET IT CODED. MAYBE THE AUTO PARTS STORE WILL GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS. LET'S INVESTIGATE THIS A LITTLE DEEPER BEFORE YOU TAKE ACTION (THIS MAY SAVE YOU TIME AND THE MONEY INSTEAD OF "THROWING PARTS AT IT)

YOU MAY HAVE ONE OR MANY CODES SHOW UP

TAKE EACH ONE. STUPID EXAMPLE : "P0440"

AND TACK EACH ONE ON THE END OF THIS

OBD-CODES. COM/

"THEN EACH CODE, ONE AT A TIME, BESIDE THE SLASH"

NOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS

OBD-CODES. COM/P0440

ENTER IT

NORMALLY THIS WILL BRING UP A PAGE THAT "EXPLAINS THE SITUATION"----"POSSIBLE CAUSES"----AND BEST OF ALL, "POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS"

SHOULD YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS----GIVE US THE EXACT CODE NUMBERS THAT THE SCANNER SHOWED (NOT INTERPRETATIONS--THAT HAVE BEEN THROWN AT YOU, BY THE OTHER GUY)

XCODES (MY WAY OF FINDING MY STUFF IN A SEARCH)

Thank you for the info. I will make sure I do that. I have not been keeping up with the way I used too. So, yes, I need to do that too.

Javavon
THIS MAY HELP YOU TOO!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

I USED "VOLCANO" TO FIND THIS ONE FAST!

KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR VENTURE!

I got a diagnostic test and it was my Idol Sensor.

Javavon
SO YOU OWE ME LUNCH NOW?

WE'LL DRIVE ONE OF MINE, THEY SELDOM GET SICK!

LOL!

WERE MY RESPONSES HELPFUL TO YOU?

SO, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO?

I DO APPRECIATE THE RESPONSES, SOME THINK WE ARE JUST A COMPUTER, WE DO LIKE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS