CRUISE CONTROL.

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

Hey cadieman. I worked on the cruise control today. I put the switch back in and connected it. I made it to where you cannot blow through it unless you toch the brake. The yellow cruise light still does not come on. What do I need to do now. Will the yellow light come on if I drive it or should it come on when I start it up. The cruise on the lever is set to on but the light wont come on. At one point this car was broken into. Some one tried to steal it but couldnt. They tore a bunch of wires out under the steering colum. We had to buy a new collum and ignition cylinder because they broke that to. Thanks.
Sean03

Go to the servo unplug the large hose. Can u blow through it?

Cadieman
No I can't

Sean03
Ck. The power on the lever connecter for the cruise. If nothing find the lever harness where it comes out the lower column and test it for power.

Cadieman
Hey I checked it again the red and blue wire where it plugs in has power. However the green and yellow wire has no power. Here is some pics of what I am testing. Thanks

Sean03
Lift the front wheels. Turn on the switch on. When u get to 30 mph set the cruise. Ck there is power on the green or yellow wires when u hit the set button. Then ck. And see if the servo seloniod gets power when u set it. If there is power replace the seloniod.

Cadieman
I do this in drive. Also where is the servo seloniod. I can't check the green or yellow wires without disconnecting the clip is their another way to check this. Thanks

Sean03
The seloniod is on the servo. Youll see a seloniod with a 2 wire connecter and a vacuum line to it. Make sure their is vacuum on that line. Lift the car and when u go over 30 mph. Set the cruise and make sure its sending voltage to the seloniod when u set the cruise.

Cadieman
Hey I could not find the seloniod on the servo. Here are pictures maybe you can help me. Is the seloniod under the hood or is it inside the car. Would you know where it sits. I have looked all over for it. Thanks for helping so much.

Sean03
Im sorry but there to many things and circuts that have to be cked. It makes it hard for me to help anymore.

Cadieman