SWITCH

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

Hey cadieman I was reading my last post and what I ment to put was I am stilling looking for the cruise switch on the brake. I found it for 13.00 dollars. I pushed the switch in on the old one and I could not blow through it. When I released it I could blow through it. Should I order a new or not. Thanks.
Sean03

That's a safety backup to the electric cutout when you tap the brake pedal. Pushing it in is the "brake lights off" position. That's when you can not blow through it and it will let the servo work.

What do I need to do know cadieman has helped me a lot my cruise control still won't work. Any suggestions. Not trying to disrespect you but I was hoping cadieman was going to answer the question. He knows what we have done. But I will let you know me have checked the lever it had power I replaced the servo. I replaced the fuse. I checked for power where the fuse goes it had power. The smaller hose going from the engine to the servo has a vacuum. The vacuum that goes from the servo into the car and plugs into the switch that I posted above has no vacuum. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Sean03
There should not be vacuum at the hose by the brake light switch until the servo tries to engage, and that isn't going to happen at 0 mph. Pull that larger hose off at the servo and try sucking on it. It should be blocked until a helper presses the brake pedal.

You keep on posting dozens of new questions. Instead, you should be getting automatic e-mails directing you back to the original question when someone posts a reply. That way the same person can continue the conversation. When you post another reply, only the person helping you will get an automated e-mail and come back to continue. When you post a new question, everyone will see it and want to try to help.

Youll nedd to put the car on a rack or jack stands to test further. Your problem is is somwhere else. You going to have to responed to this post from now on.

Cadieman
When u turn on the switch you should see a yellow light then it goes green when u set it.

Cadieman
Hey I havent forgot about you yet. I have a bunch of medical problems and I am not doing so well right now. I have been in and out of the hospital. I have porphyria and it sucks. But I will work on it once I feel better. Thanks.

Sean03
Well be here for help. Just start a new thread when your ready. Ty for using 2carpros

Cadieman