BLEEDER SCREW

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

My bleeder screw on my 1992 cadillac deville was stripped and it was frozen. I finally got it to come out with the problem is on the very bottom of the screw the bottom cap came off. I cant get it out so I put the new screw in and I pushed the brake pedal down and the fluid came out of the new bleeder screw. Does it matter if that is still in it. Here are some pictures that will help you. Is their a way of getting it out. Thanks.

Sean03

So there is still part of the bleeder screw stuck in the threads of the caliper?

You see the one that has a black hole and then see the other with the silver circle. The little tiny silver piece is stuck down in the caliper. The one with the black is the one I am talking about. The little silver piece is burried all the way at the bottom of the caliper.

Sean03
If it were my car or a customers car I would replace the caliper.I really doubt after all the trouble you went thru removing the bleeder that your getting that piece out.

Is it safe to drive it because I bleed the brakes and fluid did come out. Do you thhink if I used compressed air to blow it out would it maybe come out. Thanks.

Sean03
So there is no threads on it?If its just floating around in there I would worry about it cutting the caliper piston seal.

Ok yeah it is just sitting at the bottom of the caliper

Sean03
If I couldnt get it out I would replace the caliper. You can do what you want you have my opion on it.

Yeah I am going to replace the caliper. It is only 16 dollars which isnt bad. Thanks

Sean03
Your welcome for 16 I wouldnt even think about not replacing especially since its your brakes.