TOYOTA CAMRY ENGINE PROBLEM

1990 Toyota Camry • 2.0L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

The car died then I replaced the distributer and in ran for a few seconds and stalled it will start again but doas the same when I start it and give it gas it sounds like its starved for gas and stalls again I checked the filter and it is fine while I had it off I turned the key and I am getting fuel through the line
Brian80209

Have someone starting the engine and someone else spraying starting fluid in the intake tube in short repetitive bursts in attempt to keep engine running. Don't press the accelerator during this test. If it runs then the issue is fuel related. If it doesn't then is something else.
Check for good consistent spark from the spark wire. Put a long screw driver in the spark plug wire boot (be gentle) and lay the screw driver really close metal on the engine. Take care as you can get shocked when doing this so don't touch anything on the car with any part of your body on the vehicle. Wearing gloves will help.

Ty Anderson
I figured it out the battery was dis conected so the computer was reset I didnt have the air duct on so it couldnt read the maf sencer so the computer wasnt giving the engine any fuel once I conected the duct it ran just fine

Brian80209
Awesome! Good to hear. Thanks for the question

Ty Anderson