CHEVROLET TRUCK BATTERY PROBLEM

1989 Chevrolet Truck • 270,000 miles

Hi a have a 1989 silverado c1500. My battery gauge is showing like 9 v and I just replaced it today because the other one was not charging. I also replaced the alternator at the same time. When I went to start the truck it would not start. It had no gas going to the engine. Does any one know what can cause this
Lalocano

Id use a digital multimeter across the battery posts, everythinhg off. The generic spec for a full charge is around 12.6 volts. If the battery is down, take it off and get it charged. You cant do any testing if the battery is down. With engine running take second reading across the battery posts. The second reading should be higher than the first, if charging system is working. If problem with battery or alternator wiring, replacing the parts wont fix it.

Engine cranking did you visually check for spark at the spark plugs? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Check for injector pulse.