Three different garages including the dealership cannot find why my car has cranking over issues

HPEREZ
  • 2007 HONDA ACCORD
My car did not start. Took it to a garage and they said it was the battery. Replaced the battery and it was good for a few days. Car doesn’t star again intermittently. Diagnosed as the ignition switch. Had that replaced. Car worked for a few days and then had intermittent starting problems again. There are times my car has a “jingling sound” coming from underneath the car. Then I was driving and the RPM's were jumping up to 3 but my car felt like it was going slower and that it was going to stall. They said my throttle body was dirty and they cleaned my whole fuel system. Same day my car starts having trouble starting again. I made an appointment with the dealer. They said it was the ignition switch (again) and my serpentine belt was stretched and both were replaced. I picked it up last night and today I have trouble starting it again.
three different garages including the dealer lots of things checked and no real answers. Please help!
Thursday, September 5th, 2019 AT 4:45 PM

KEN

Can you clarify if the engine is cranking over okay but not running or is the engine not cranking over (starter not working). Can I ask if the security light is flashing and does it have any codes?

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Please run down this guide and report back.
Saturday, September 7th, 2019 AT 1:49 PM
HPEREZ
The thing is sometimes it will crank real slow and then after a couple attempts it seems to not crank at all. The security light flashes as it always has. The check engine light came on once and was a misfire code according to the one garage and they said it was a generic code not really something they could diagnose. If I can get it started I can take it to AutoZone to get an exact code if that would help?
Saturday, September 7th, 2019 AT 7:13 PM
KEN
Yes I need to codes so does it have 2 problem cranking slow and not starting? Or does it run okay once the starter can turn the car over?

Here is a guide

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/starter-not-working-repair

Monday, September 9th, 2019 AT 10:35 AM
HPEREZ
Okay, the light is no longer on it but they can see the last code right? Sometimes my car cranks really slow and then starts, sometimes it will crank slow and not start and sometimes it will not crank at all. If it sits for a while (like overnight) it seems to have a better chance than if I go get gas and try to start it 5-10 minutes after I turn it off.
Monday, September 9th, 2019 AT 11:30 AM
KEN
Can you please shoot a quick video with your phone so we can see what's going on? That would be great. You can upload it here with your response.
Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 AT 10:20 AM
HPEREZ
Sorry for the delay! It no longer cranks. Lights are all on. Does this sound like it s the starter?
Wednesday, September 11th, 2019 AT 2:35 PM
KEN
It does sound like the starter is out. To be sure here is the wiring diagrams and a guide to help check for power I updated the link above to help check the starter system so please check that out (I had the wrong link before, sorry) :

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

There is a starter relay as well we need to check. Here is the location of the relay and how to change out the starter (steps) with diagrams below to show you how on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-starter-motor

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find.
Thursday, September 12th, 2019 AT 10:06 AM
HPEREZ
We had already put in a new starter relay so it definitely was not that. We ended up having it towed back to the dealer and hopefully they will stay true to their word and fix at no additional charge. I ll send an update once everything is fixed. Thank you so much for your help!
Thursday, September 12th, 2019 AT 4:54 PM
KEN
Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is. Could be the starer cut relay check out the starter wiring diagrams above.
Monday, September 16th, 2019 AT 8:55 AM