WHITE SMOKE

1996 Toyota Camry

MRRELIZ7

May, 9, 2013 AT 11:27 PM

BOUGHT 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY WITH 203,000 MILES, POOR GAS INTAKE, TROUBLE STARTING THE CAR CAUSE SOMETIMES DONT WANT TO START, WHE I GET IT ON AND PRESS THE GAS PEDAL WHITS SMOKE COMES OUT EVERYTIME GAS PEDAL S PRESSED. THERE NO OIL IN RADIATOR, OIL DIPSTICK IN ENGINE CLEAN NO GAS OR ANTIFREEZE, WATER RESERVOIR LOOKS OK. RADIATOR, AND WATER RESOVOIR STAY AT NORMAL LEVEL, NO NEED TO REFILL YET MY CAR BE STANDING FOR A WEEK. ANY IDEA DOES MY ENGINE NEED REBUILDING CAUSE I KNOW WHITE SMOKE IS BAD. THATS WHY I PREFERRED NOT DRIVE IT

Search instead for BOUGTH 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY WITH 203,000 MILES, POOR GAS INTAKE, TROUBLE STARTING THE CAR CAUSE SOMETIMES DONT WANT TO START, WHE I GET IT ON AND PRESS THE GAS PEDAL WHITS SMOKE COMES OUT EVERYTIME GAS PEDAL S PRESSED. THERE NO OIL IN RADIATOR, OIL DIPSTICK IN ENGINE CLEAN NO GAS OR ANTIFREEZE, WATER RESOVOIR LOOKS OK. RADIATOR, AND WATER RESOVOIR STAY AT NORMAL LEVEL, NO NEED TO REFILL YET MY CAR BE STANDING FOR A WEEK. ANY IDEA DOES MY ENGINE NEED REBUILDING CAUSE I KNOW WHITE SMOKE IS BAD. THATS WHY I PREFERRED NOT DRIVE IT

boneheadsj

May, 10, 2013 AT 3:29 AM

If its poor gas intake and white smoke w acceleration could be a fuel system problem. Check fuel filter fuel pump fuel injectors. Maybe even have lines cleaned out.

hmac300

May, 10, 2013 AT 5:59 AM

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure first

MRRELIZ7

May, 10, 2013 AT 11:48 AM

I did PO171 ( System too lean)( bank 1)

hmac300

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:09 PM

If you have that code have mechanic check injectors on that bank or a vacuum leak

MRRELIZ7

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:17 PM

But why the white smoke

hmac300

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:21 PM

Because you are running lean on one bank

MRRELIZ7

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:33 PM

Ok im clueless here not sure what you mean is it gasket or no

hmac300

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:36 PM

Have a mechanic check this if you don't know what you are looking for or have no clue then it is pointless telling you how to do it. If you have a vacuum leak then the injectors can't put enough fuel in the cylinders on the one bank this can be a cause of many things, injectors, fuelpressure regulator, vacuum leak or poor compression.

MRRELIZ7

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:44 PM

I ask cause a mechanic saw did not check it saw white smoke and told me your engine needs to be rebuilt I can do it for about 1200, my brother in law a mechanic told me no you can not do that, many reasond for white smoke let me check the car so his coming to pick it up tpday and told me he has to check different things not just take a wild guess like the other guy did.

hmac300

May, 10, 2013 AT 12:59 PM

If your engine is bad a compression check and coolant Pressure check will let you know. If compression is off by 20% between cylinders-any cylinder then it needs to be fixed. Which leads to other things. Like burnt valves, piston rings etc. Compression should be checked wet and dry a mechanic should know.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla