WHERE TO ATTACH ENGINE HOIST TO 2006 FORD F150 5.4L TO REMOVE

• Jennifer100
  • 2006 Ford F-150
  • automatic

Everything is unattached, I just can't figure out where exactly to attach the engine hois

Monday, July 14th, 2014 AT 8:08 PM

• caradiodoc

Everyone does it differently. Most engines don't have brackets for lifting. I'm only aware of them on Dodge diesel engines. A lot of race engines are lifted by a plate bolted to the four carburetor / throttle body mounting bolts, but I have never had faith in those puny bolts. You might consider using a woven tow strap or tie-down strap, like a ratchet strap, wrapped around the exhaust manifolds. You can use a chain between the two exhaust manifolds too if it will fit between the block and manifolds. For older Chrysler small block V-8s, I always used the left front and right rear intake manifold bolts. The only problem is the chains need to be long enough to not hit and put pressure on the carburetor or distributor, and that can let the arm of the hoist bang into the bottom of the hood. Our goal was to not have to remove any of those things, to save time.

Monday, July 14th, 2014 AT 8:24 PM