Water leak from bottom of car

CINIMON0922
  • 2006 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
Hi I have a 2006 chevy equinox I have a leak at the bottom front end of my car. I Keep PUTTING Both COOLANT And WATEr in my resevior tank and it instantly come out at the front end of my car. I was told it could be a hose to the radiator or it could be my whole radiator. Can I use one of those solutions to seal a leak in a hose to see if that's 5he problem or will that make it worst?
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 6:54 PM

I need to know where it is leaking from. A hose will continue leaking with sealant. It sometimes works if it is actually the radiator. Also, if it leaks right out of the overflow when you fill it, are you sure the jug isn't cracked or damaged or is the radiator going empty too?
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 7:48 PM
One other thought. If you do use a radiator sealer, I don't recommend anything that is an aluminum powder. I can't recommend product names, but get a product that is in a smaller bottle, brown in color and has rubberized pellets in liquid. That is the only one I know of that won't plug a heater core.
+1
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 7:50 PM
MISZLOVELY09
It's coming from bottom near the radiator at bottom of the car
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 8:10 PM
Does it leak as you fill the overflow? It could be from a few places where you see it.
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 8:16 PM
MISZLOVELY09
Once I fill the overflow up about 5 seconds later it' starts leaking from the bottom
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 8:18 PM
MISZLOVELY09
The radiator still has water in it
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 8:19 PM
If that happens when the engine is off and cool, it honestly sounds like the overflow is leaking. But that wouldn't cause the radiator to get low and the engine to overheat. The only thing I can say is you need to check along the side of the radiator above where you see the drip under the vehicle. See if it is wet indicating the leak is above the hose.
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 8:21 PM
MISZLOVELY09
Ok and it only starts to overheat once there is no water but if I start the car and drive it's fine but after about 2 mins when the water is gone that's when it overheats
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 AT 8:28 PM
Hi:
What you are saying makes perfect sense. However, we have to determine where the leak is coming from before we can repair the problem. Have you rechecked to try and locate the source of the leak (hose, overflow, radiator, water pump.)?
Thursday, July 30th, 2015 AT 8:07 PM