2006 Volvo XC90 A/C not cooling

GCWILL1
  • 2006 VOLVO XC90
Air Conditioning problem
2006 Volvo XC90 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

I am troubleshooting the A/C system. When I start the engine and turn on the A/C the air that comes out of the vents is not cool.

The fan blower works properly
The A/C light illuminate when the button is depressed. I have not used the systems since last year. The car has not been in the shop for anything but regular service, brakes and oil change.

What else can I check? Please help.
Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 AT 7:38 AM

YASGER
Hard to say. Low freon first but if it is below 40*F they some times do not turn on as well.
-1
Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 10:20 AM
JIS001
Does cold air blow out at least from the driver vent? Can you see the A/C compressor clutch engage? Let me know? If you are low on freon try looking at the reciver drier from the bottom. You will see green dye all over if the seals are leaking. If theye are then you can have just the seals replaced with out replacing the drier. Also look at the A/C lines going to the evaporator at the rear firewall of engine and check for oil and dirt build up. If you see that then those seals are leaking as well, If you dont see any leaks and you have rear A/C then the seals in the rear evaporator could be leaking from there.
+3
Thursday, May 14th, 2009 AT 9:13 PM