ENGINE DIED WHILE IDLING, WON'T RESTART

1991 Volvo 740

pnocean

December, 1, 2008 AT 9:32 PM

1991 Volvo 740 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

Hello:

My 18 year old son ust bought a very nice looking 1991 Volvo 740 Turbo. We test drove it, then drove it home 80 miles, no problem. Had it idling for about 10 minutes this evening to warm up the oil to change oil and filter when it suddenly died. Won't restart. I can hear the fuel pump, and it turns over strong. Won't catch. Took out a plug and it looked dry. Put plug back in, waited an hour, tried again - no start.

Any advice appreciated!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/280010_DSC09203_Desktop_Resolution_1.jpg

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

racefan966

December, 1, 2008 AT 10:56 PM

Ok you need to find out if you have spark. Pull off a plug wire and put a philips screw driver in it and get it close to metal like the valve cover or something and crank it and see if it sparks if it does have spark then put wire back on and get some throttle body cleaner and spray it in the thottle body and see if starts. If it starts then it is fuel problem. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.