FUEL PUMP

1986 Volvo 240

taosmtnmom

November, 1, 2010 AT 11:32 AM

1986 Volvo 240 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive

I think I need to change the fuel pump but I'm not sure. Some one said it might be the fuel pump relay. Would the relay work sometimes and some times not? Female here and going to fix it myself, help.

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

November, 1, 2010 AT 1:19 PM

Do you hear the fuel pump come On -when you turn key to run-if not check the fuel pump fuse and relay if so check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump

taosmtnmom

November, 1, 2010 AT 4:32 PM

Thanks for that. I ordered a pump and relay and am going to change them both. Be well. : )

VOLVO SERVICE ADV

November, 2, 2010 AT 9:41 AM

BEFORE YOU SPEND THE MONEY ON A FUEL PUMP, WHICH MOST OF THE TIME THEY DONT FAIL, YOU SHOULD REPLACE THE RADIO SUPPRESSOR RELAY AND FUEL SYSTEMS RELAY.

taosmtnmom

November, 2, 2010 AT 9:51 AM

I'm going on a long road trip so I ordered both parts at the same time so as not to have to wait for a a second mailing. I'll start w/ the relay. If that's the issue I'll send the pump back. Thank you so much for all the advice, you've been great. : )

VOLVO SERVICE ADV

November, 2, 2010 AT 10:16 AM

REPLACE BOTH RELAYS, NOT JUST ONE. BOTH RELAYS ARE PROBABLY ORIGINAL AND I HAVE SEEN THEM FAIL.

taosmtnmom

November, 2, 2010 AT 11:04 AM

Mmmmk, I will. Thanks

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right