1991 Volkswagen Van stalled, won't start

RICOLIGHTHOUSE
  • 1991 VOLKSWAGEN VAN

1991 Volkswagen Van 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115, 00 miles

It's 12 degrees farenheight outside. I just had my fuel filter replaced about A month ago due to the same problem that i'm about to describe. Usually my van runs great and idles smoothly, however, for the past few days the idle has been a little rough. The weather has been cold but not like today. Today the idle was rough, and it stalled once at a stoplight, but started right back up again. Then we parked it for a couple of hours, started it to warm it up and it ran for about ten minutes and stalled again, this time it will not start up. It turns over, battery is good, sounds like it's not getting gas again. The mechanic we usually take it too is closed today and I hesitate to use them again because we just had the fuel filter replaced due to the exact same situation that I just described. They said they drained and cleaned the fuel tank, but I wonder if that's true, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 3:11 PM

RACEFAN966

Have you checked the fuel pressure? If not then it should be checked you could have a bad fuel pump. Now I would also like to know if it is getting spark? Let me know what you find.

Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 AT 10:34 AM