Engine Mechanical problem
1996 Volkswagen Jetta 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles
It is very hard to start. When running if you press gas petal to fast it stalls out, and is very hard to restart. No codes are displayed. Have changed mass air sensor, dis cap & rotor, and fuel filter. This problem started after the car went through great amount of water, I also checked for water in fuel, none found. Please help. Gary
Have you removed and cleaned out with carburetors spray the idle stabilizer?
April, 9, 2009 AT 8:59 AM
I did not no of an idle stablizer. Where is it located on a 96 Jetta 2.0
April, 9, 2009 AT 9:30 AM
I apologize I thought it was an older model, on your year it is call, " Idle Air Control Valve (IAC), let me give you a few more things to check that may be causing your problem; 1. Disconnected hot air tube to air cleaner, reconnect tube and test control valve,
2. Defective Idle Air Control Valve, test valve operation and circuit
3. Shorted, open or misadjusted T.P.S, test and adjust or replace T.P.S.
4. EGR valve stuck open, remove and clean check control and circuit.
5. Poor oxygen Sensor signal, Check It make sure to not shorted.
6. Or it could be an incorrect mixture from the PVC system, check PVC for flow check sealing of oil filler cap Etc. Make sure there are no leaks.