EXHAUST

1996 Volkswagen GTI

bullshit669

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:06 AM

1996 Volkswagen GTI 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

I got a fix it ticket today on my car I have a intake. Stock everything on the exhaust til after the rear axel. I got it for noise is there any way to quiet it so I can pass. Can I just take off the intake to get it to pass

mhpautos

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:11 AM

Hi there,

You will need to know if this ticket is for a noisy exhaust or noisy induction, dose it say?

bullshit669

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:25 AM

Its for a noisy exhaust he said heard me down the street but its no louder then the rest of the cars out there

mhpautos

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:33 AM

There is not much you can do I am afraid, if they say it to loud, you may have to replace the muffler, did they do a check with a Dba meter?Or just by ear?

bullshit669

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:36 AM

Kit was just by ear so a muffler shop can do actual test on it and will that count that it is good if it passes

mhpautos

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:41 AM

If you can get a legal Dba reading on it and it is with in spec, you won't have a problem, I just think that maybe you got nabbed by some one having a bad day thats all.

bullshit669

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:48 AM

Thats what I was thinking but I want to cover it just to be safe. Thanks u have been a big help.

mhpautos

August, 24, 2009 AT 1:55 AM

Good luck with this, thanks for the vote & points, it all helps.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20