VIBRATION WHILE THE CAR IS IDLE

• franco8406
  • 1995 Toyota Corolla
  • automatic

My car is vibrating a lot while on idle. I spoke to a friend of mine which had the same problem and told me that most probably is the IAC. I'm not sure about this, and further more, I don't think I have this part on my engine. Behind the end of the manifold, there are 2 small hoses which are connected to nothing and I believe the IAC was supposed to be there. I'm not sure though. Can you please help me with this issue? Thanks

Monday, January 27th, 2014 AT 8:47 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

The IAC would be mounted to the throttle body. IF you have two vacuum hoses not attached to anything, that would create a leak and cause a rough idle.

Monday, January 27th, 2014 AT 8:49 AM
  • franco8406

Those 2 hoses are the ones on the picture I posted. Will try to find what was there originally and see if the problem will be solved. Would you happen to know what is that part missing for my 7A-FE engine?

Monday, January 27th, 2014 AT 9:12 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I can't be sure from the pic. Try this. Take a bolt and plug both of the hoses to see if that changes your idle.

Monday, January 27th, 2014 AT 9:45 AM
  • franco8406

I have not been able to try it yet since I was at the repair store. It seems that I'm missing a Vacuum switching valve there, I'm just missing the right code for my vehicle

Monday, January 27th, 2014 AT 3:28 PM
  • franco8406

Problem solved! It was indeed the Valve. I got replacement p/n 90910-13004 and so far it has made the car to idle nicely. I still have my check engine light on so I will diagnose to see what's next. Thanks for your help!

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 AT 6:24 AM