ENGINE STALL ON VECTRA 1.8 GLS

Vauxhall

Calv

August, 7, 2006 AT 3:21 PM

Hi,

I have a 1997 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 GLS and for a little while now it has been cutting out when I have pushed the clutch down, mainly when i've slowed right down to change down gear. I had a new idle motor put in a year ago, and I thought it might be the cat converter but my car passed it's mot today, emissions were fine and everything. They did notice that the engine light was on but said this was'nt a fail.

A friend told me today that it could be something as simple as putting some cleaner through to get rid of dirt from the petrol tank if i've been running the car on low petrol levels. So i'm confused and thats why i'm here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Calv.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Mikeybdman

August, 7, 2006 AT 3:53 PM

Most likely if your engine light is on, it has a code that will direct you to the problem with your car. I would take the car to a parts store lie Autozone and have the code read. Then fix the system that is faulting, and your problem should be gone.

Calv

August, 7, 2006 AT 4:14 PM

Great, thanks for that.

Calv.