2003 Vauxhall Corsa engine cutting out

CHRISARMES28
  • 2003 VAUXHALL CORSA
Had a corsa sxi for 6 years now, recently had a problem with the crankshaft sensor failing but has now been fixed. Since i've had the car back after running for a little while the engine seems to cut out when I come to a junction, when I start it back up the engine maintnence light comes on but the car seems fine after this. Even if I dnt come up to a junction and am going along at a reasonable speed the car will judder and then lose the revs then regain them, once again with the engine maintnence light coming on but it being fine after that. The oil light also comes on sometimes but the oil is full. Please help?
Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 5:16 AM

DAVE H
Have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to locate the cause of the fault .. check the wiring to the CKP (crank sensor) is not damaged/corroded also add a good fuel cleaner to the tank to clean the fuel lines and injectors ..

hope this helps ... let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_685.png

Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 5:26 AM