When the engine is overheating can you hear the fan clutch engaged? If not, this is your problem, here is a guide that can help as well, and I have included how to change the fan clutch out in the diagrams below:
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Remove fan clutch from water pump pulley by removing the four bolts holding the fan blade and fan clutch assembly to the water pump.
2. Remove fan shroud retaining screws.
3. Remove fan blade, fan clutch and shroud.
4. If fan blade and clutch must be separated, remove remaining bolts attaching fan blade to fan clutch.
5. Reverse procedure to install. Torque fan blade to fan clutch attaching bolts to 12-18 ft lb.
Make sure to use a high-quality replacement part. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, July 16th, 2022 AT 7:03 PM