TROUBLE WITH NOT GETTING ABOVE 3000 RPMS

• cowgirlemt07
  • 2003 Dodge Ram

I replaced the coil packs and now having trouble with the truck not going above 3000 rpms it acts like a restricter is in place and it isnt gaining any power I went through the spark plugs are at proper gap checked all the wires and all are connected good a check engine light code of coil h primary and secondery circuit malfunction is appearing it does have a custom exhaust due to an accident 4 years ago.

Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 AT 9:43 AM

• hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 7:43 AM
  • cowgirlemt07

I had scanned for codes and the code was the coil h primary secondary circuit malfunction and I actually fixed the problem myself the coil connecting wires clips were broken so it prevented the from gettin a good connection but I fixed that and its now running great already an improvemnt in gas mileage

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 11:13 AM
  • hmac300

Great at least ti told you what was wrong by scanning instead fo just thowing parts at it. Glad it 's fixed.

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 1:08 PM