TROUBLE WITH NOT GETTING ABOVE 3000 RPMS

2003 Dodge Ram

cowgirlemt07

July, 16, 2013 AT 9:43 AM

I replaced the coil packs and now having trouble with the truck not going above 3000 rpms it acts like a restricter is in place and it isnt gaining any power I went through the spark plugs are at proper gap checked all the wires and all are connected good a check engine light code of coil h primary and secondery circuit malfunction is appearing it does have a custom exhaust due to an accident 4 years ago.

hmac300

July, 17, 2013 AT 7:43 AM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

cowgirlemt07

July, 17, 2013 AT 11:13 AM

I had scanned for codes and the code was the coil h primary secondary circuit malfunction and I actually fixed the problem myself the coil connecting wires clips were broken so it prevented the from gettin a good connection but I fixed that and its now running great already an improvemnt in gas mileage

cowgirlemt07

July, 17, 2013 AT 11:14 AM

cowgirlemt07

July, 17, 2013 AT 11:14 AM

hmac300

July, 17, 2013 AT 1:08 PM

Great at least ti told you what was wrong by scanning instead fo just thowing parts at it. Glad it 's fixed.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars