Transmission not shifting, electric components malfunctioning

KRISTINAWHITE09
  • 2007 CHEVROLET MALIBU
I had a new TCM put in my car and had it programmed this morning. I'm still having shifting issues (car shifts sometimes, stays at 3,000 RPM's at approx. 70 mph. Also, my check engine light is on, dash says "service traction", the doors unlock by themselves, and my side view mirror doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I need a new BCM but I'm wondering what may be causing my transmission to not shift properly.
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 8:00 AM

First check your battery for condition including load test. Tha tmay be the cause of all your issues. Replacing parts like modules isn't the problem all the time even if it says so by code. Low battery causes all kinds of problems. Then have atrans guy look at your car for no shift it may be a clutch/seal problem or bad converter as well as a valvebody problem.
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 8:38 AM
KRISTINAWHITE09
I was told that, since my TCM went out, it could have caused other modules to go out as well. I was sure I needed a BCM since my service traction light was on and the doors were unlocking themselves. I'll have the battery checked and have them look at the service engine code today. Thanks!
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 9:39 AM
If thecode is in the700 range it's trans problem also because one module goes out means any other ones will. The service traction may be an abs problem so a pro will need to scan that and for door locks. Auto parts can't scan that.
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 10:01 AM
KRISTINAWHITE09
Thank you! It's actually P0036 which is for an O2 sensor; however, it could also mean the ECM is not working. I'm either going to take it to a trans shop or just replace the ECM. If the ECM is out can it cause fake error codes for things like the O2 sensors? I don't think it's just the O2 sensor because I'm still having some issues with shifting.
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 10:42 AM
I doubt that its the ecm have a professional diagnose this as it can be a bad O2 or a short in the wiring. Replacing parts on todays vehicles is the wrong way to go. Besides a pro would have to program it anyhow if the ecm was bad. You must think that all mechanics are thieves trying to fix this stuff your self or we are all out to rip people off to do what you are doing. You'll end up wasting more time and money trying to fix it only to have other problems due to incorrect diagnosis.
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 12:03 PM
KRISTINAWHITE09
Thanks! I'm actually going to take it to a transmission shop. I'm actually just trying to save a little money and time since this is my only vehicle and now I'll have to drop it off there and get a rental car. I'm also losing time from work due to this, so I'd rather do it myself if I can save money and time. The tranny shifts a little so it's fine to drive home and to the shop in the morning now. They said it could be a number of things. The TCM had to have been bad anyway because it did fix the power steering and some other things. I just have a lot going on with it right now. If it's a wiring issue I may just get a new car because I'm sure that will likely be a lot to fix. Thanks for all your help!
Monday, July 7th, 2014 AT 12:38 PM