Four cylinder front wheel drive automatic 77,000 miles.
I have had the car for three years now and it has been great until about two months ago when completely out of the blue not to mention in the middle of the city the engine would start shaking and would only make it to about twenty km/h and go no faster then that only after about ten or so seconds (sometimes even longer) the engine would all of a sudden kick in however, on occasion the engine would not even kick in only after I pulled over and turned it off for a few minutes it be okay for a little while until it happens again.
Most of the time this would happen:
- I start up the car drive down the freeway for about little while at about 90-100KM/h
- When I stop at the next traffic lights the car would slowly start shaking until it starts really chugging (however the engine would never die which is the weird part).
On occasion this would happen:
- Same as before I drive at about 90-100KM/h on the freeway for a while.
- Then all of a sudden the car would gradually slow down and even though I got my foot on the gas it does not accelerate
- Then on the next traffic light stop it would only accelerate to about 20-40KM/h and would not go any more faster after about ten seconds in when the engine kicks in (if lucky).
However, it is much more frequent now and almost got me killed when the engine eventually shut off in the middle of a really busy road, tell you what it is not pretty looking at a truck screeching toward you at 90KM/h.
I have had it to and from Toyota more times then I can count and it is frustrating beyond all comprehension they have not fixed this. I am extremely desperate since I really badly need my car since it is my only means to get to and from Uni.
I hope someone can help identify this problem. Thank you very much in advance for any advice what so ever.
have the same problem?
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 2:41 PM