ENGINE PROB

Toyota Tercel

rjws

September, 8, 2007 AT 10:53 AM

Its a early 90's tercel, around 92 or 94, its a friends car. It often needs oil and needs a change of spark plugs every 3-4 months. The oil I think might be a leak from somewhere if its using that much but maybe someone has a better idea. And the spark plug problem I have no clue! Thank you!

September, 8, 2007 AT 2:49 PM

With no physical leakage its leaking into the combustion chamber-could be bad valves/seals/rings/ Time to overhaul the engine or a long block

rjws

September, 8, 2007 AT 3:15 PM

With no physical leakage its leaking into the combustion chamber-could be bad valves/seals/rings/ Time to overhaul the engine or a long block[/quote: 710b333385]

But in this case wouldnt I then see smoke coming out the exhaust because I wont be burning all the oil during combustion? This would likely solve the spark plug problem. Oil in the combustion chamber.

September, 8, 2007 AT 3:50 PM

With no physical leakage its leaking into the combustion chamber-could be bad valves/seals/rings/ Time to overhaul the engine or a long block[/quote: af9bb96c04]

But in this case wouldnt I then see smoke coming out the exhaust because I wont be burning all the oil during combustion? This would likely solve the spark plug problem. Oil in the combustion chamber.[/Quote: af9bb96c04]

The matter here is the sparkplug being coated with oil and it don't go there. No blue smoke than you have an actual leakage somewhere-and again oil on the plug will burn and will come out of the exhaust as blue smoke.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado