94 DIE WHEN HOT

1994 Toyota Tercel

alancylu

August, 26, 2007 AT 12:44 AM

Hi,
my 94 tercel, 210K, working fine when it's cold,
when it's hot, when you press gas a little, it's idle rough and die, especially when the heat fan is spinning if you press gas a little it will idle rough and die, when I try to restart it, it will blow black smoke but won't start. After I let it cool down about 30 mins to one hour, it can start again.

Please help me, I am really scare to stop in front of traffic light, because it could die any second if I press gas

Any response will great appreciate.

Black Smoke Coming From Exhaust

Smoking

August, 26, 2007 AT 3:07 AM

When was the last major tune-up?

alancylu

August, 26, 2007 AT 10:49 AM

Hi,
Thanks for quick response,
Oil, oil filter, air filter changed, replaced spark plugs, spark plug cables, distributor cab, distributor replaced and timing adjusted one month ago. Also use carb cleaner to clean TP at the same time, but still no luck,
BTW, it 's a 4 speed auto, please help,
Appreciate your great help.

August, 26, 2007 AT 5:40 PM

Find the PCV and EGR valves remove it and clean it up good-make sure both has vacuum and works. BTW also the IACV-then comeback with your findings

Before I put this Tercel on the operating table for Biopsy to get to the problem

alancylu

August, 27, 2007 AT 10:38 PM

Before I put this Tercel on the operating table for Biopsy to get to the problem[/quote: 9df706235b]

mine is Canadian model, EFI engine, I really can not find EGR and iacv valve, but I checked pcv valve and it has vacuum.

Please help me,

thanks a lot

Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8