1992 TOYOTA PREVIA MY VAN WIIL NOT START

• soulfire77
  • 1992 Toyota Previa

1992 Toyota Previa 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

I have replaced the fuel pump twice (it worked for three days after the first, not at all after the second). I also tried replacing the EFI circuit-opening relay in the fuse box and the other fuses related to the fuel system. My friend said that he cannot " hear the fuel pump get power" when I turn the key. He came to this conclusion by opening the fuel cap and putting his ear to the opening as I tried the ignition. He seems to think my fuel pump isn't getting any power, and since the relay didn't work he thinks the main computer is having problems.

Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 4:40 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Are you getting power at the relay?

Tuesday, September 1st, 2009 AT 7:54 AM
  • soulfire77

It turned out after we tried to replace the relay switch that the wire under it had burned out and needed replaced. It sat for over a month broke down and after we found the problem it was a 5 minute job. If your van does this try checking the relay switch behind the radio and then try checking the wire it's connected to.

Tuesday, September 1st, 2009 AT 1:28 PM