THE ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT DOES NOT START UP

1995 Toyota Previa

k_gwie

March, 10, 2011 AT 7:37 PM

Hi! I have 95 previa all-trac w/225,000miles. Recently I drove to the airport and the engine stops a couple time and able to start up but on the way back the engine turns over but does not start up. Please Helps! Thanks in advance, Gwie

March, 10, 2011 AT 7:49 PM

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark issue

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Starter Replacement