CLUTCH PROBLEMS ON TACOMA

1997 Toyota Pickup

zipmn909

October, 16, 2007 AT 11:12 PM

1997 Toyota Tacoma, 3.4L V6, 4WD, 135K miles. New clutch installed by dealer appx 14 months ago at 115K miles.
Around 3 months ago the clutch pedal began to not come all the way back up when you released it. It got progressively worse. I changed out the slave cylinder. This seemed to make it better for a couple of days, then the problem returned so I changed out the master cylinder. This appeared to fix the problem until a week ago. Now the clutch is not fully disengaging from the pressure plate when it is pushed in. I can't fiind a leak and the fluid level doesn't appear to be changing. Bleeding does not seem to help. Both the slave and master cylinders I installed were after market parts. Any idea how I can track the problem down and fix it for good?

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

Jack42

October, 17, 2007 AT 8:54 AM

Even with a hydraulic system there needs to be a little free play in the pedal. Adjust the rod from pedal to master so that there is a little play( about 1-2 inches) in the pedal before it begins to move the piston in the master

zipmn909

October, 17, 2007 AT 6:29 PM

With the clutch pedal all the way in, the clutch is not fully separating from the pressure plate.

Jack42

October, 18, 2007 AT 12:11 PM

Is there free play or not?

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions