TOWING ABILITY FOR MY '96 CAMRY

1996 Toyota

ladyinbayview

June, 22, 2006 AT 2:01 PM

Hi. I recently purchased a '96 Toyota Camry, and we are about to move. We are only taking minimal things with us for now, until the movers can bring the rest. We rebuilt the transmission, and the car seems to be running fine now. We (obviously) purchased the vehicle used, and it did not come with an owner's manual. My question is, can we install a tow hitch on the back and tow one of the SMALLEST moving trailers on it? I've seen them as small as 3 feet long, and 5 feet wide. Or, would you recommend we only take what can actually fit in the car? We are moving from 0' elevation (Sea Level) to 7900 feet above sea level! So, we will be going up hill most of the way. Please advise. Thanks.

bestop

February, 13, 2013 AT 2:11 PM

Yes you can install a tow hitch on the Camry which is a class II hitch that you will attach to the bumper of the car.
B&W Hitches will provide you with a manual on how to connect the hitches to your certain make of car using simple methods. The hitches once attached are also safe and reliable.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right