HIT A MEDIAN

• TONY KRASNIQI
  • Toyota Corolla

Hi everybody.
Last night we had freezing rain in Ottawa. While I was going home, I came to a turn which was very wide but my car would not turn and so I hit a median.
Front tire on driver side seems to be damaged. It had gone back although if I turn the steering wheel both front wheels/tires turn. I did not drive the car after that but I honestly do not know much about cars and I just wanted some advice before I take it somewhere.
Toyota Corolla
4 Door, 2003
94.000 km

Thank you very much

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007 AT 11:18 AM

• mmprince3000

Depends on how hard you hit, but generally you could have bent a control arm, steering arm, strut, damaged a CV shaft, possibly a lower ball joint.

Take it to a dealer or mechanic you trust for an estimate, ask for all the old parts to be returned to you.

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007 AT 1:56 PM
  • TONY KRASNIQI

Hi mmprince3000,

I sent it to the dealership and they told me it would cost me $800 Canadian.
Ball joint was broken, tie rod and a couple of other things.

I have to be honest with you brother, it never crossed my mind to ask for the old parts to be returned and I appreciate you telling me that.

Thank you very much

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007 AT 5:17 PM