CAR PULLS WHEN ACCELERATING

Toyota Corolla

BuddChiefer

February, 1, 2007 AT 12:22 AM

2000 Corolla VE 50,000 FWD 4-cyl.

When I changed the bearings (passenger side front) I damaged the ball joint boot. Instead of replacing the entire piece, I put a new boot around the old joint. I squeezed the lubricant out of a new one and put it around the old one. It was hard work but I managed to get a new boot around an older ball joint. : Twisted: I know that it has been contaminated and should be replaced soon, but does the boot hold a pressure along with protecting the joint from debris?
Would this cause my car to pull when I accelerate moderately? I have read about torque steer, but it didnt drive this way before I replaced the bearings. I went through Napa to have them pressed, and I dont think that I damaged the Tranny or CV axle end when I removed/replaced CV axle. : Arrow: Pulls to left when I accelerate and back right again when I let off.

February, 1, 2007 AT 5:15 AM

Better check that part of the suspension-something is wrong-by any chance did you overtighten the wheel bearings-there's such thing as preloading it.

BuddChiefer

February, 9, 2007 AT 9:44 PM

Are you referring to the nut at then end of the CV axle? The bearing and hub assembly was pressed together by Napa.

February, 10, 2007 AT 12:16 AM

Yeap! Better have the Toe/Camber check-you probably misalign the knuckle and the struts.

Get a wheel alignment

Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200