BROKEN FRONT DOOR HANDLES

Toyota Corolla

Henri

May, 28, 2007 AT 2:47 PM

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla with about 150,000 miles on it. Both plastic door handles (inside) on the front doors are broken off. Door opening mechanism works fine, though. To replace the handles, do I have to remove the entire door panel for access (and how would I go about doing this, if necessary) or is there a way to just remove the broken units and hook up new ones in their place?
Thanks for any help.

MarieK

June, 4, 2007 AT 11:03 PM

I've replaced my driver's side door handle twice (I have a 98) and it wasn't necessary for me to remove the entire door panel. I just unscrewed the entire plastic handle backing, hooked the metal piece onto the back, screwed the new in.

I hope that makes sense to you. It was very simple and took about 10 minutes.

I'm sure you're not as " thrifty" as I am, but be sure to get new handles. I used the ones from my back doors for my front (my car is my office, never use for passengers), and they didn't hold up well at all.

Hope this helps.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease