93 WATER DAMAGE

1993 Toyota Corolla

Iambroke1

April, 23, 2007 AT 1:07 AM

I recently drove my 93' Toyota Corolla car through some water and it has been drying out for about 5 days and it will no longer start. The engine makes a single " click" or bang and does nothing else. Before I had it towed to my house it would make a loud grinding rumbling sound as if it was about to start. The water was only about halfway up the wheel. When it went into the water I panicked and kept pushing the gas and trying to get it to start again which probly made it worse. I took the air filter out and it was soaked also the dipstick showed signs of some water in the oil. I dont know much about cars but wut can I do to fix this?

the_hydroxide_child

April, 23, 2007 AT 9:21 AM

Well from what I know bout cars u prolly just killed urs lol. U prolly fried ur computer and if theres water in ur oil I wouldnt wanna start it anyways cuz water and oil dont mix so if u get water down in ur bearings its pushes all the oil out and youll spin a bearing or throw a rod. My moms old car went through this when I was younger thats why I know : p. Theres all kinds electronical stuff that gets ruined even if u so much as get dew in ur car from the morning. I cant imagine if u had it half full of water. Wtf happen? Did u go skiing? Lol. But I know for sure u might as well get a new car cause u got water all in ur engine, transmission, dash. ALL that will have to be torn apart and replaced. Sucks. Sry if I didnt help ya any

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe