WON'T DRIVE WHEN IN GEAR

Toyota Camry

amirose

August, 24, 2007 AT 12:50 PM

I have a 98 Toyota Camry with 91000 miles. My problem is that when I put it into gear (from P to D, or any other gear for that matter) nothing happens. The car won't move in reverse or forward. It runs fine. It doesn't make any funny noises. I still have to push the button in to switch the gears, but it's real loose when switching from p to r to d to 1. Etc. Before this happened, it would switch to different gears if you bumped the gear shifter, without pushing in the button. Any advice? I desperately need it fixed!

Service Writer

August, 24, 2007 AT 2:23 PM

Somewher between the shifter and the transmission the cable and or linkage came loose. I would first check for a lever that shifts the transmission that is located on the transmission for any disconnection and work your your way to the shifter if needed.

amirose

August, 24, 2007 AT 2:27 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'll check that: )

amirose

August, 24, 2007 AT 5:52 PM

Thanks-that was the problem. The linkage broke. Thanks again!

Service Writer

August, 24, 2007 AT 6:07 PM

My pleasure!
You have reached:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_metalsuccessacademylogo_1.jpg

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250