I am having quite the issue with my otherwise perfectly mint 1991 Camry. My tail lights will not work.
We trouble shot by checking the bulbs, fuses etc. Even gave a tug on the parking brake to see if this was part of the issue (which subsequently snapped that cable too). Nothing worked.
I found a burnt module in the lamp fail box inside the rear panel of the car and was sure my troubles were over, I swapped out the module, and made sure all the light bulbs are where they are supposed to be. When I did this the tail lights finally came back or so we imagine, we are not entirely sure because now all of the brake lights stay on (including the third one in the window). There is a VERY minimal spike/change in brightness when stepping on the brake. I went to recheck the module within 10 minutes of replacing it and found it was burning out in the same spot the first one did, but with a different failure result.
In a nutshell, here is the problem
1. Markers, license plate, reverse and brake lights all functional --- Rear running lights/tail lights NON functional.
2. Running lights functional ---- light does not get brighter when switching to regular headlights.
3. Module keeps burning out (model #89373) in the spot slightly up and to the left of the number in the center of the panel.
4. When the old (burnt) module is in -- the tail lights will not come on
5. When the new (now also burnt) module is in -- the brake lights will not shut off.
If someone can help me I would LOVE it.
have the same problem?
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 5:06 PM